Jennifer Emerling / There Is More Work To Be Done

USDA Offers 514/516 Farmworker Housing Funds

Pre-applications are due September 2, 2014 requesting Section 514 loans and Section 516 grants for off-farm housing for farmworkers. Funds can be used for new construction or for purchase and substantial rehabilitation of a property that does not currently have USDA Section 514/516 financing. Section 521 Rental Assistance is available for new construction. Applicants may request up to $3 million (total for loan and grant).

Pre-application packets should be available on USDA’s website, or contact a USDA Rural Development state office for a packet.