June 5, 2014. The full Senate Appropriations Committee approved the FY15 Transportation-HUD bill. HAC will post details of the funding levels here as soon as they are available.
Committee chair Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD) announced she is working with Senate leadership to bring this and other appropriations bills to the floor beginning on June 16.
June 3, 2014. On June 3 the Senate Transportation-HUD Appropriations Subcommittee approved a bill to fund the Department of Housing and Urban Development for fiscal year 2015. The full Senate Appropriations Committee will meet June 5 to consider the bill. Full details are not yet available, but a statement released by full committee Chairwoman Barbara Mikulski (D-MD) has some highlights:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG): $3.02 billion
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME): $950 million (as opposed to $700 million in the House bill)
- Section 8 Rental Assistance: $19.6 billion for tenant base rental assistance (including $75 million for HUD-VASH to provide housing for 10,000 additional homeless veterans)
- Section 8 Project-based Rental Assistance (PBRA): $9.7 billion
- Homeless Assistance Grants: $2.15 billion
- Choice Neighborhoods: $90 million
- Public Housing: $1.9 billion for the public housing capital fund and $4.48 billion for the public housing operating fund
- Native American Housing Programs: $720 million, of which $70 million is for the Indian Community Development Block Grant program.
HAC will post further information as it becomes available.