It is highly recommended that participants use a PC or Mac computer while attending. This course will often require attendees to switch between multiple programs as they navigate the live meeting, materials, and interactive polling. For that reason, we strongly discourage the use of tablets or mobile devices, as some exercise require desktop software to complete.
When possible, we recommend using multiple displays while attending. This will allow attendees to better coordinate the various programs as they are running. If you do not have access to additional monitors, we recommend using your computer’s snap function to organize your desktop.
If you are not comfortable with technology, consider asking a colleague or friend to assist with your set up and first day.
- Please be sure you have a good internet connection. Connection difficulties do not count as excused absences.
- Speakers and a microphone are required, and headphones are highly recommended.
- We will be working with a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet which works best with stand-alone software. Look alike or browser versions of the spreadsheet software may not be compatible.
- Make sure all your devices are fully charged and ready to go each day.
- Each participant should have access to a working space that provides minimal audio disruption from background noise.
- The classroom training is live and will not be recorded.
This training will be hosted on Microsoft Teams. We recommend downloading and installing the Microsoft Teams Desktop App. If you are not able to download the desktop app, we recommend joining via web browser and using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. This course should not be taken on a mobile device.
Attending the Training
To join the training, click the link in your email registration confirmation no more than 15 minutes prior to the each day’s session.
How to use Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Excel is required to use the Worksheet for Computing Income & Max Loan Calculator, which is a mandatory part of the training. Excel is also required for the Section 502 loan packaging process.
Training materials including PowerPoints, handouts and exercises are provided as PDFs. Please ensure that a PDF reader like Adobe Reader is installed to best access this content.