Join the Housing Assistance Council and bcWORKSHOP for a two-part webinar series on rural Creative Placemaking. Creative placemaking is a method of working between community developers, housing organizations and local stakeholders to strengthen communities. Rural Placemaking brings together people to share food, stories, art, experiences, and histories and enables neighbors to talk, learn, and organize in rural communities in the continental United States.
This webinar, the first in the two-part series “Creative Placemaking 101 + Funding Opportunity” will focus on:
- defining and describing creative placemaking;
- explaining the importance of placemaking for rural community development;
- outlining bcWORSHOP’s rural creative placemaking process via the Activating Vacancy (AV) process;
- announcing the AV request for rural proposals; and
- proposal Q&A for interested parties.