Jennifer Emerling / There Is More Work To Be Done

USDA offers 514/516 Farm Labor Housing grants and loans

Nonprofits, state or local government agencies, public agencies, federally recognized tribes, and limited partnerships with nonprofit general partners are eligible to apply for Section 514 loans. The same entities, with the exception of limited partnerships, are eligible for Section 516 grants. The funds can be used for construction of new off-farm Farm Labor Housing units and related facilities for domestic farm laborers, and for the purchase and substantial rehabilitation of existing non-FLH properties. Section 521 Rental Assistance and operating assistance are available for new construction.

To apply, contact the USDA Rural Development state office serving the state of the proposed project in order to receive further information and copies of the application package.

Applications are due to state offices on April 12, 2016.