HAC CEO David Lipsetz to testify on "The Affordable Housing Crisis in Rural America."
On Tuesday, April 2nd at 2 p.m. EST, the House Financial Services Committee will be holding a Subcommittee hearing entitled “The Affordable Housing Crisis in Rural America: Assessing the Federal Response.” The hearing is the Subcommittee’s first of the 116th Congress and will cover the entire spectrum of rural housing issues, with a focus on rural rental preservation.
HAC CEO David Lipsetz was invited to testify, and is looking forward to engaging with Subcommittee members on a variety of issues important to rural housing and rural economic development. HAC’s 2018 “Platform for Preservation” report is the most comprehensive and timely research available on the rural rental preservation topic, and will likely provide a basis for much of the discussion.
The full witness list for the hearing is as follows:
- Gideon Anders, Senior Staff Attorney, National Housing Law Project
- Stan Keasling, President, National Rural Housing Coalition
- David Lipsetz, Chief Executive Officer, Housing Assistance Council
- Andres Saavedra, Senior Program Officer, Rural Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Tanya Eastwood, President, Council for Affordable and Rural Housing
Tune in here on April 2nd at 2 p.m. EST to watch live!
And to get a sneak peak at HAC’s testimony, click here.