We are excited to invite you to an exclusive demonstration of HAC’s Rural Data Central. This new portal serves as an update to the existing Rural Data Portal and offers a wealth of valuable information on Rural America’s people, places, economy, housing, and more.
During this webinar, we will provide a walkthrough of the Rural Data Central portal, showcase its powerful features, and show you how to sign up. As a valued participant of HAC’s Rural Capacity Building Program, your organization has been selected to be among the first to test this new platform and provide valuable feedback.
The Rural Data Central portal encompasses the following key areas:
- Rural People and Places: Explore data from the 2020 and 2010 decennial census, offering insights into the people and communities of Rural America.
- Society: Access data on demographic and social characteristics, enabling a comprehensive understanding of the population.
- Economy: Gain valuable insights into employment, income, poverty, and other economic characteristics, empowering your organization to make informed decisions.
- Housing: Explore data on housing characteristics and conditions, enabling a deeper understanding of the affordable housing landscape in your community.
- Mortgage and Housing Finance: Access data from the CFPB Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, providing valuable information on mortgage and housing finance trends.
- Federal Assisted Housing: Gain insights into various federally assisted housing programs and resources from HUD and USDA Rural Development.
These data sources have been carefully curated to provide a comprehensive and robust platform for your organization’s needs. By leveraging the Rural Data Central portal, your organization can better understand the affordable housing needs of your community, make informed decisions regarding the type and location of activities, and effectively communicate your story to funders.
Please note that this testing opportunity is exclusively available to organizations actively participating in HAC’s Rural Capacity Building Program and attending this webinar. We highly value your input and feedback as we strive to enhance the portal’s functionality and user experience.
To confirm your attendance for this exclusive demonstration and testing session, please register now.
- Keith Wiley, Senior Research Associate, Housing Assistance Council
- Dan Stern, Communications and Outreach Manager, Housing Assistance Council
This initiative is funded through generous support from US Department of Housing and Urban Development – Rural Capacity Building Program.