Discussion Topics, HAC National Rural Housing Conference 2014
Conversation is one of the best things about HAC’s Rural Housing Conference. Every two years the Conference offers a unique opportunity for discussion among hundreds of rural housers from across the U.S. who are not often in the same place at the same time. Many exchanges are informal, during meals or in the halls between workshops. Others are more structured, and in 2014 HAC will provide an opportunity for facilitated discussions on six topics. HAC asked expert rural housing practitioners to write two-page papers on each of these subjects. On the second day of the conference, attendees will choose among these topics and participate in discussions during a working lunch. Each discussion group will report its thoughts and recommendations to the conference as a whole.
- Rural Housing and Public Policy
- Partnerships and Collaboration for Rural Housing
- Reduced USDA Presence and Resources – How Can Rural Housing Organizations Adapt?
- Outreach and Technical Assistance Delivery to Rural and Tribal Communities
- Change or Die? Adaptation for Survival
- Recruiting and Retaining the Next Generation of Rural Housers
You do not need to attend the conference to contribute your thoughts! The discussions are beginning now on LinkedIn.