Funded by The Home Depot Foundation
Washington, D.C., September 21, 2018 – Veterans and their families in eleven rural communities will have better lives, thanks to The Home Depot Foundation and the Housing Assistance Council. The Foundation is awarding grants totaling $306,500 to eleven local nonprofit housing associations around the country to build or preserve housing for veterans in rural America.
The funds are part of The Home Depot Foundation’s Veteran Housing Grants Program, which wascreated to support the development and repair of housing for veterans. Too many American veterans and their families face major housing challenges, aggravated by issues like unemployment, age and service-related disabilities. The Home Depot Foundation is dedicated to giving back to those who have already given so much for our country.
A Resource for Informing Strategies to Help Veterans
The Housing Assistance Council (HAC), in partnership with The Home Depot Foundation, JPMorgan Chase & Co., and the Wells Fargo Housing Foundation has created the Affordable Housing for Rural Veterans (AHRV) initiative to provide rural organizations with the technical assistance, training, information, and financial resources they need to improve their ability to serve veterans.
Veterans of the United States military services put their lives in danger to protect their country and its citizens. However, when they return home they are not always able to find housing and access to services in their communities.
In Partnership with The Home Depot Foundation, JP Morgan Chase Co, and The Wells Fargo Housing Foundation
- December 5, 2017: Affordable Housing Solutions for Rural Veterans: A Symposium – Recording
- October 20, 2017: Veterans Aging Summit – Website
- August 10, 2016: Overview on VA REO Property Preservation and Maintenance and Access Opportunities for Nonprofits – Materials: Presentation | Recording | Handbook
- July 13, 2016: VA Specially Adapted Housing Grant Program – Materials: Presentation | Recording | Application
- June 8, 2016: VA Housing Resources for Heroes: An In-depth Overview of the VA Home Loan Guaranty Benefit – Materials
- May 18, 2016: Serving Our Aging Veterans: A Symposium – Materials
- May 20, 2015: Serving Veterans in Rural America: A Symposium – Materials
- May 6, 2015: Access to Health and Homeless Services for Rural Veterans – Materials
- August 20, 2014: Building a Community for Veterans: Patriot Place, Tennessee – Materials
- July 23, 2014: Canal Street Housing: Housing for Homeless Veterans – Materials
- June 25, 2014: From Service to Shelter, Housing for Veterans in Rural America – Materials
- April 22-23, 2014: Housing Seniors and Veterans in Rural America: Preservation, Development, & Services
- April 9, 2014: Serving Veterans in Rural America – A Symposium – Summary and Materials
- August 28-29, 2013: Housing Seniors and Veterans in Rural America: Preservation, Development and Services – Materials