HAC submitted comments to the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Request for Information on their Fiscal Year 2023 Learning Agenda. There is a lack of rural research on a variety of housing topics, and HUD can play a role in investing in high-quality research and data to better define rural needs.
HAC’s comments suggested these areas and topics as ripe for HUD research investment:
- Farmworker housing conditions
- Manufactured housing issues
- The fate of housing units leaving the federally subsidized housing stock
- The impact of rural Area Median Incomes on HUD program access
- Rural data in the American Housing Survey
Read HAC’s full comments here.HUD Learning Agenda 2023 Comment Letter