HOUSING ASSISTANCE COUNCIL
GREEN BUILDING/HEALTHY HOMES INITIATIVE
On June 9, 2010, the Housing Assistance Council and The Home Depot Foundation hosted Building Green in Rural America: A Symposium on Policy and Practice in the Rayburn House Office Building in Washington, DC. The symposium brought together successful community-based green practitioners from across the country with other national experts and federal agency staff. Nearly 70 participants heard from Congressional leaders in green building, including Representatives John W. Olver (MA) and Rubén Hinjosa (TX).
Materials from the Building Green in Rural America: A Symposium on Policy and Practice are available at the links below.
Green Building Symposium Resources
2. Power Point Presentations
- Kim Datwyler, Neighborhood Nonprofit Housing Corporation, Logan, Utah
- Anne Perkins, Rural Development Inc., Turner Falls, Massachusetts
- Orlando Artze, Community Housing Partners, Christiansburg, Virginia
- Laura Buxbaum, Coastal Enterprises, Inc. Wiscasset, Maine
- Marty Miller, Office of Rural and Farmworker Housing, Yakima Washington
4. Other Green Resources