Research and Information
Resources for Organizations
Resources for Individuals
What services does HAC provide?
- Loans. Since 1971, HAC has committed more than $285 million to help create more than 67,700 homes, including water/sewer connections. HAC's loan funds have reach throughout rural America, with loan commitments to over 700 local organizations in more than 530 counties throughout 49 states and territories of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Technical Assistance. HAC's expert staff delivers thousands of hours of technical advice each year to organizations and developers improving low-income rural housing. One element of HAC's assistance is a contract with HUD to help rural Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) use HOME and other funding programs.
- Research and Information. HAC publishes the biweekly newsletter HAC News and Rural Voices, a quarterly magazine; writes up to 15 research reports and technical manuals annually; and maintains a rural housing resource center for its constituents. HAC's web site, www.ruralhome.org, is a significant source of up-to-date information on rural housing topics.
- Training. HAC sponsors intensive training workshops all over the country, emphasizing housing development, financing, construction and nonprofit management. HAC also regularly convenes the National Rural Housing Conference, most recently December 1-3, 2010.
- Rural Housing Services, Inc. A HAC subsidiary, RHS helped create and now co-owns 20 low-income housing tax credit rental projects with almost 800 units in eight states.